Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission is not currently open and this information is provided to assist you in preparation. We will open call for abstracts on 2 February, please come back then to submit your abstracts.
You are invited to submit informative and relevant abstracts in a word document using the approved template and following all guidelines below.
- All abstracts must be original work, submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the Meeting proceedings and Meeting app.
- The presenting author must be listed as an author on the abstract during submission. If for any reason the nominated presenting author cannot attend, another author can be nominated to give the presentation but the replacement presenter must have been listed as an author during the original abstract submission. If no named authors are available to give the presentation, the abstract must be withdrawn.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the Meeting in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program. Failure to register will result in withdrawl of the oral or poster presentation.
- You are not required to be a member of any of the Socities to submit an abstract, however membership is required for many of the Awards and Grants offered. Additional information to determine award eligibility such as age at time of the Meeting and date of your last qualification, can be provided during submission.
- If your abstract has been previously presented, please ensure you disclose where / when your material was presented or published during submission.
Your abstract must be prepared using this template. Please use up to the first 5 words of your title as the file name, do not include any presenter or author's names in the file name or abstract document. You will upload this document as part of your abstract submission.
- Tables and figures can be included but the abstract must be laid out as specified and must not exceed one page.
- Please only use standard abbreviations or define them in full.
- Please use Arial font, size 11pt.
- Please limit your abstract to 300 words (excluding titles and references)
- Paragraphs should be separated by an empty line, please do not indent the first line of a paragraph
- Please note:
- Accuracy is the responsibility of the author, please ensure you have proof read your document carefully.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the reproduction of symbols, accuracy of symbols cannot be guaranteed in the reproduction.
Please write the title in sentence case (capitalising only the first word and proper nouns), do not use quotation marks.
Authors and Affiliations
Do not include the author's names in the body of the abstracts as the abstracts are subject to a blind review process. The names of all participating authors (including yourself) will be entered into the abstract submission form. Please do not include degrees or professional titles.
The Committee suggests that where applicable the abstract follow the format outlined below:
- Aim: State concisely why the study was conducted
- Method: Indicate the locale, sample number, principal test(s) performed, and the types of statistical analysis employed
- Results: Confirm or refute the hypothesis, supported by statistics if appropriate
- Conclusion: State the effect of the study on future patient management or the understanding of basic processes
Abstracts that merely state the results that will be presented will be subject to rejection. All abstracts are subject to review by the Program Committee and acceptance into the program is not guaranteed.
During submission, you will nominate a theme most relevant for your submission. Your abstract will be reviewed in your nominated category, however the Organisers reserve the right to move abstracts to different themes to best suit the program.
The themes are:
- HSANZ: Acute leukaemia
- HSANZ: BMT
- HSANZ: CLL
- HSANZ: CML
- HSANZ: Lymphoma
- HSANZ: MDS
- HSANZ: MPD
- HSANZ: Myeloma
- HSANZ: Non-malignant
- HSANZ: Supportive Care
Conflict of Interest Statement
If the research described in the abstract was supported by a commercial company you must indicate the company's role in analysing the data or preparing the abstract. You will be asked to supply the following statement during the submission process:
- "No conflict of interest to disclose".
- "This research was supported by __________. The company had no role in analysing the data or preparing the abstract."
- "This research was supported by __________. The company insert free text describing company role in data analysis or abstract preparation."
This conflict of interest statement is mandatory for all abstracts submitted and where there is a conflict, this will appear wherever the abstracts are published. For abstracts accepted as an oral presentation, please ensure you include a slide disclosing the conflict of interest within your presentation.
If you are accepted as a poster presenter your poster will be printed by the Meeting Organisers. Further information on the required specifications will be provided to successful poster presenters.
The presenting author must register for the Meeting to have the poster printed and included in the meeting app.
Delegates must submit their high resolution poster artwork files via the online form provided in the acceptance email by Friday 20th August in order to meet the printing deadline. (Failure to supply your poster by this date will result in the withdrawal of your abstract from the program. Failure to provide your poster to the specifications requested may result in the quality of your printed poster being impacted.)